Menu
ART / SCULPTURE / TOP 100

Top 100 Art Doll Creators of 2019 on Instagram

As the Editor-in-Chief of Beautiful Bizarre Magazine, I have had the pleasure of working with many incredible Art Doll creators for almost 7 years now – for the magazine itself, our web blog, our curated exhibitions, the Beautiful Bizarre Magazine Art Prize, and of course, sharing their work across our 980,000+ strong social media network.

So as we kick off the new year and new decade, I wanted to share with you a list of artists whom I believe are among the greatest living and working art doll creators of 2019. This is not an exhaustive list by any means, and is not in any particular order, however as you will see the works speak for themselves. You may note that there are some art doll creators who are conspicuously missing, this is because I have not included artists with a minimal or no Instagram presence [my little tip for all artists: showing beautiful photographs of completed works on Instagram, rather than just works in progress, is very important], because as you will see all the artists mentioned below are linked to their Instagram accounts, so you can quickly and easily follow them too!

If you are an art doll creator, or know one that you feel should be included in our next list, please comment below. I am always in search of exciting new creatives!

Finally, the Beautiful Bizarre Art Prize has a Yasha Young Sculpture Award Category, which Art Dolls can be entered into, to ensure all the amazing emerging and leading Art Doll sculptors around the world get the recognition they deserve – entries for this year’s Beautiful Bizarre Art Prize, in all Award categories are now open! I can’t wait to see your entries.

Please note we have not included creatures in this list, only human/humanoid dolls.

Top 100 Art Doll creators of 2019 on Instagram

96. Leilah

97. Laura & Alejandro

98. Elena Misiuna

99. Legioiedilulù

100. Mims Victims

About Author

Danijela Krha Purssey is an entrepreneur, and the Editor-in-Chief and Co-Founder of Australian based international contemporary art magazine, Beautiful Bizarre Magazine. She is deeply passionate and committed to her vision to help shift the paradigm in the global contemporary arts industry regarding what is defined and accepted as contemporary art.

74 Comments

• Natalia
    February 5, 2020 at 11:20 am

Hi Danijela!
    My name is Natalia and I am an art doll artist too.
    I make creepy cute, odd, dark, goth inspired creatures.
    If you are interested you can check out my Instagram page:
    http://www.instagram.com/duduki _art
    Or my website:
    I hope my works could be of interest for you!
    Thank you so much for this amazing top100 art doll artists, I greatly appreciate your work!
    Have a wonderful day,
    Natalia

February 11, 2020 at 1:05 pm

Thank you! We will certainly keep you in mind for future iterations of the top 100 list. x

• Margarita
    February 5, 2020 at 5:51 pm

Dear Danijela!
    That was really a treasure to look through all these masterworks, Thank you very much! I see that very many of them are my favorites, too. Of course, I also wish to appear in this list one day.
    I make my dolls in dark mystery, literature and history sphere and previous year won many prizes (including 1st place in the most prestigeous international and oldest doll competition Hannie Sarris Award) My instagram is @margarita_dadykina_artdolls.

February 11, 2020 at 1:09 pm

Hi Margarita! Thank you for enjoying our Top 100 list for 2019! We will certainly keep you in mind for future iterations of the top 100 list. x

• Loredana
    February 5, 2020 at 5:56 pm

What a magnificent roundup, I’m proud to be friends with some of them and I follow almost all the others. I also create artistic dolls. Please also look at my profile

February 11, 2020 at 1:30 pm

Thank you! We will certainly keep you in mind for future iterations of the top 100 list 🙂

• Margarita
    February 5, 2020 at 5:57 pm

Dear Danijela!
    I make my dolls in dark mystery, literature and history sphere and previous year won many prizes (including 1st place in the most prestigeous international and oldest doll competition Hannie Sarris Award) My instagram is http://www.instagram.com/margarita_dadykina_artdolls.

• loredana
    February 5, 2020 at 6:03 pm

Hi Danijela!

• Sarah
      February 6, 2020 at 8:54 am

I would have appreciated this article if it had been called Beautiful Bizarre’s Top 100 picks of 2019. Art is a highly subjective thing, and this publication has an aesthetic that influenced this list. I can think of 100+ other doll artists deserving of being called one of the best of our time, all with different styles that may not suit this publication.

One of the best things about the Doll Art community on Instagram is that there is no hierarchy. People are encouraged to focus on their own work and not compare themselves to others.

Ranking systems don’t belong in art. You could have posted this article without a numbering system. You can do better than this.

• Alessandra
    February 5, 2020 at 6:42 pm

Hi Danijela!
    Beautiful top 100. My favorite artists are all there.
    I also make dolls! For two years now I have used porcelain, the eight years before I used polymer clay..
    Come to meet me. It’s important for us artists to make themselves known. Thank you for your work!

February 11, 2020 at 1:30 pm

• Yaiza
    February 5, 2020 at 8:02 pm

Hi,

I would love to contribute with two artists that I think they are worth to be included to this awesome list: @Mahlimae and @irrealdoll :)

• Creaturesofnat
    February 5, 2020 at 8:32 pm

Hi Danijela!
    Lovely list of artists. I would have loved to see an inclusion of mixed media artdolls as well rather than just BJDs pr maybe even another list?
    I’m the artist Creaturesofnat https://www.instagram.com/creaturesofnat

• Danijela Krha Purssey
      February 11, 2020 at 1:00 pm

Hey Nat, as mentioned in the introduction this list is only human/humanoid dolls. Not creatures – that would be a separate list :)

• stellio
    February 5, 2020 at 8:59 pm

Quite a strange selection of autors for such a pathos title…

• Catherine
    February 5, 2020 at 9:31 pm

Wow, some of these are great and I follow them, but some of these look so similar and repetitive, while others aren’t even made from scratch or carved — they’re just repaints or out of a mold (one’s even just a wig-maker). Might I suggest you have a look at the custom Blythes — *there’s* actual hardcore carving and painting — ooak works, not just repaints from a mold. A couple of my all time favorites are
    Best to you!

• Danijela Krha Purssey
      February 11, 2020 at 1:02 pm

Hi there, thank you for your message. We would like to rectify this – could you tell me which numbers are not the actual doll makers and let me know who are the doll makers [IG account handle]. We would appreciate it very much xo

February 21, 2020 at 3:57 pm

We appreciate you letting us know and we have replaced the non doll makers in the list x

• Hajnalka Mayor
    February 5, 2020 at 9:48 pm

Hi Danijela!
    Many of my favorites are on this list, but a lot of them are missing as well.
    I’m a certified master doll artist as well, creating in a style of realism/ hyper realism.
    If you cold check out my work, it would be wonderful. Thank you!

February 11, 2020 at 1:31 pm

• Adam
    February 5, 2020 at 9:59 pm

This is an amazing list Danijela! I’m happy to see the Monster High Doll customising community also represented. I can highly recommend these accounts on Instagram:
    – Oscar Magic Doll

– Monster High Guy

– The Doll Parade

– Cassandras Treasures https://instagram.com/cassandrastreasure?igshid=1wfdecuop3la2

– Twisted Pocketwatch

• Haiku Squirrels
    February 5, 2020 at 11:19 pm

Hello Danijela! Thank you for sharing works of these amazing artists! We will be glad if you look at our works as well – https://www.instagram.com/haikusquirrels

• kinmirai
    February 5, 2020 at 11:37 pm

こんにちは、ダニエラ。
    私の知っている作家も何人か含まれていました。
    とても励みになります。
    とても興味深いランキングでした。
    ありがとう。
    よかったら私の作品も見てください。

• Mariam
    February 5, 2020 at 11:42 pm

I (Mims Victims) would love to be included in the next list! You can find me on instagram.com/mimsvictims and also mimsvictims.com. I sell most of my work on Etsy.com/shop/mimsvictims and make videos on Youtube.com/mimsvictims.

February 11, 2020 at 1:33 pm

• Cheryl
    February 6, 2020 at 12:08 am

Lots of beauties here but lots of repaints too? some are just Monster High, Pullip or the usual BJDs… I’d definitely include these — @chertopoloh_arts ; @umami_baby ; @___nukke___ ; @kukloferma

• Danijela Krha Purssey
      February 11, 2020 at 12:57 pm

February 21, 2020 at 3:57 pm

• Sam King
    February 6, 2020 at 12:40 am

Hi Danijela
    I’m a Sydney based doll artist focused on all things kitsch, cute and campy. I’m having my first solo exhibition in June. I’d love to be included in the next list!
    You can find my work at,
    Sam King

February 11, 2020 at 1:33 pm

• Marianna
    February 6, 2020 at 1:05 am

Dear Danijela!
    That was really a treasure to look through all these masterworks, I see that very many of them are my friends and favorite too. They are just extremely talented.
    I also create a art dolls feel free to visit my Instagram profile:
    https:/www.instagram.comthecircusoflostdolls

my Facebook:

February 11, 2020 at 1:34 pm

• Marianna
    February 6, 2020 at 2:06 am

Wonderful selection of amazing Talented artist, lot of them are my favorite and friends too.

Feel free to visit my art dolls profile too;-)

Instagram: @mariannanardin76
    The Circus of Lost Dolls

at the moment I m selling through Esty
    Thecircusoflostfolls

• Javiera Morales
    February 6, 2020 at 6:04 am

Hi Danijela!
    Today I discovered your magazine. Such amazing artists!
    I am an art doll maker, they are retro style, all different types. Made out of fabric 😊.
    Please fell free to have a look at my Instagram
    @javieramoralesdolls
    It would be amazing to appear in this list one day .
    Best wishes 🌻
    Javiera

• Yolanda C.
    February 6, 2020 at 6:11 am

Dear Danijela!
    I am a metal art doll artist. Please check my instagram profile below
    http://www.instagram.com/yolandacstudio.Thank you

February 11, 2020 at 1:34 pm

• Margo
    February 6, 2020 at 7:05 am

Hi Daniela! I want to invite you to visit my profile on Instagram: @margokm
    I hope my dolls will not leave you indifferent

February 11, 2020 at 1:34 pm

• Margo
    February 6, 2020 at 7:10 am

Hi Daniela!
    I want to invite you to visit my profile on Instagram: @margokm
    I hope my dolls will not leave you indifferent

• Elena
    February 6, 2020 at 7:49 am

Hi, Danijela. A very interesting selection of artists. I would be glad if you visit my page https://www.instagram.com/elenamisiuna/ and get acquainted with my dolls. Sincerely, Elena Misiuna, doll artist

February 11, 2020 at 1:27 pm

• Javiera Morales
    February 6, 2020 at 8:40 am

Dear Danijela,
    I would love to appear in this list one day. Very impressed with the amazing artists featured. Please feel free to look at my Instagram
    @javieramoralesdolls
    Best wishes 🌻
    Javiera

February 11, 2020 at 1:26 pm

• Javiera
    February 6, 2020 at 8:43 am

Dear Danijela,
    @javieramoralesdolls
    Best wishes 🌻
    Javiera

• paulina gravagno
    February 6, 2020 at 9:54 am

Hi! What a wonderful recopilation! I have seen many of my very favourite artists here and several others I didn’t know and that I loved at first sight! I have been a dollmaker from many years ago, I hope one day I can share a place in this list with so many great artists!
    Greetings!!!!
    Paulina
    from

• Yuliya
    February 6, 2020 at 10:40 am

One Of A Kind Doll Maker @fantasyincolours
    tiki culture, fairies, fantasy art
    Thanks!

• Maria Volkova
    February 6, 2020 at 7:34 pm

Dear Danijela!
    I’m an artist and I create art bjd in dark mystery sphere. Want to invite you to visit my profile on Instagram: @wolfsbane.art
    Of course I would love to be included in this list too, hope that my dolls will not leave you indifferent!
    Thank you!

February 11, 2020 at 1:25 pm

• Natalie
    February 6, 2020 at 7:57 pm

It’s great to see a lot of artists that i know in the list. At first i thought that this is only for doll makers, but i see a lot of just owners, so i decided to try my chances too.
    I’m interesting in dark art, dark fashion and cyberpunk styles and that what i’m try to show through my dolls.
    I’d be very grateful if you will have time and check my page too https://www.instagram.com/xatshe/

• Caroline
    February 6, 2020 at 9:53 pm

Dear Daniela ,
    I am from Brasil , I create personalized cloth dolls , it’s all handmade .
    I hope that someday I can be part of that list with such magnificent works !
    it would be an honor if you could visit my page to see my Dolls .
    @dolls_by_caroline

February 11, 2020 at 1:23 pm

• Caroline
    February 6, 2020 at 9:59 pm

Dear Daniela ,
    I am from Brasil , I create personalized cloth dolls , it’s all handmade .
    I hope that someday I can be part of that list with such magnificent works !
    it would be an honor if you could visit my page to see my Dolls .

• Mach
    February 7, 2020 at 3:08 pm

This list is confusing.

Some of the artists chosen do beautiful customization and faceup work but they do not make actual dolls. The dolls shown as “their doll work” are using dolls from makers that are not credited here – from Bratz to Fairyland to DLace. I think there are two people listed that just take really nice photos but don’t make dolls or customize them themselves.

Making dolls, customizing someone else’s dolls and taking photos of dolls are three different skills. If you want to show off the work of art doll customizers, or doll photographers, they should have their own list to make room in a top 100 art doll creators for…people who make dolls.

• Danijela Krha Purssey
      February 11, 2020 at 12:53 pm

February 21, 2020 at 4:01 pm

• Mandy Murdica
    February 7, 2020 at 11:14 pm

Wow what amazing doll artist from around the world!
    I am an Australian doll artist and create OOAK cloth art dolls. My work can be found on two of my Insta accounts @chiaraveniceartdolls and @abnormalz.sosweetz I would love you to view my dolls <3

• marlene
    February 8, 2020 at 3:35 am

account @red_riverroad https://www.instagram.com/red_riverroad/
    This is a very talented artist!

• Natalia
    February 9, 2020 at 9:57 am

Hi Danijela!
    Thank you so much for the wonderful list of artists.
    I wish I could be a part of the list some day.
    Here is my Instagram:
    Website:

Natalia

February 11, 2020 at 1:17 pm

• Pablo Trejo
    February 11, 2020 at 2:16 am

Hi danijela
    I am Pablo and I am writing to you, first of all to congratulate you on the TOP 100, and I want to suggest Mariana Sánchez is Sculptress Argentinian, she has a line of erotic sculptures. made of cold porcelain with which it achieves an incredible sensual and realistic touch
    Instagram:

Facebook

• Elfgutz
    February 12, 2020 at 12:12 am

Omg I’d LOVE to be featured in this one day 💖

💖💉🌈🪓✨🩹

• Yolanda
    February 14, 2020 at 8:05 am

Hi Danijela

My name is Yolanda C. and I make metal BJD art dolls.
    I’d like to be in the list as well. Please check my works at instagram.com/yolandacstudio or http://www.yolandacstudio.com

• Beatrice
    March 25, 2020 at 11:04 am

Hello, maybe a little late but, I am a sculptress and a dollmaker
    here is my instagram: https://www.instagram.com/cocoon.dolls/ and my website http://cocoon-dolls.com/
    There is not enouth for now, I’m still working at some projects for this outumn