Beautiful Bizarre Magazine Art Prize 2018
Sponsored by Trekell Art Supplies
Entries have now closed. Thank you to all the artists that entered! Judging has commenced and finalists and winners will be notified in the 2nd week of July.
As a leader and advocate for the arts, Beautiful Bizarre Magazine champions emerging and mid career artists. In the 5 years since our launch, proudly Beautiful Bizarre Magazine has become – a voice, a tribe, and a platform – for creatives whose work doesn’t always fit neatly into the traditional fine art “box”. In keeping with our mission, The Beautiful Bizarre Magazine Art Prize seeks to inspire creatives from around the world to pursue a life and career in the arts, and to help careers grow through our exposure of their work to our “tribe” of creatives, curators, gallerists and collectors.
The Beautiful Bizarre Magazine Art Prize is a non-acquisitive art prize which provides an opportunity for traditional 2D + 3D artists to participate in the prestigious annual Beautiful Bizarre Magazine curated exhibition along side 70+ of the worlds best contemporary artists, win cash prizes, magazine editorial, advertising packages, amazing Trekell prize packs, and most importantly receive worldwide exposure! We welcome entries from all artists working in the mediums of: Painting, Drawing, and Sculpture [including embroidery, collage and art dolls].
The three lucky winners will participate in the Beautiful Bizarre Magazine curated exhibition ‘Ephemeral’ along with an incredible line up of over 70 of the best contemporary artists from around the world. Click here for further details on the ‘Ephemeral’ exhibition and participating artists. Click here for more information about Modern Eden Gallery.
Winners will be required to produce an original work in-keeping with the theme ‘Ephemeral’, to be completed and delivered to Modern Eden Gallery by 5 September 2018.
The top 20 short-listed finalists and winners will receive extensive international promotion through Beautiful Bizarre Magazine’s email marketing, social media marketing [over 850,000 followers] and website, ensuring the widest possible exposure to our highly engaged community and readership.
If you have submitted your work to Beautiful Bizarre Magazine before, please do enter the Beautiful Bizarre Magazine Art Prize. This is a completely separate process to our usual submissions, with a different judging process and panel. The Jury Panel will consist of the Co-Founders of Beautiful Bizarre Magazine Danijela Krha Purssey and Richard Purssey, Audrey Kawasaki, Marie Larkin, and Modern Eden Gallery Directors Kim Larson and Bradley Platz.
Entries close midnight 30 June 2018 [Australian Eastern Standard Time].
- Only 2D & 3D Traditional art accepted:
- including Painting, Drawing and Sculpture [incl. art dolls, embroidery art & collage]
- Maximum of 10 entries per artist.
- This is a non-acquisitive art prize.
- Works previously exhibited and published elsewhere are accepted.
- Enter the Beautiful Bizarre Magazine Art Prize by completing the ENTRY FORM above.
- Submit your best original work from your existing portfolio [there is no need to create a new/original work to enter unless you wish to] this is the work you will be judged on, please ensure the file is clear and represents your work in the best possible light – [file size: no larger than 1 mb, File name: Artist Name_Artwork Title]
- Provide the Artwork details: Title, Year, Materials, Dimensions
- Provide a brief 200-word bio about you and your practice, including the URL to your main web presence eg. website or Instagram.
- Entry Fee: US$40
- Winners will be required to agree to the terms of the Modern Eden Gallery consignment contract to participate in the exhibition
- Winners will be required to produce an original work in-keeping with the theme ‘Ephemeral’, to be completed and delivered to Modern Eden Gallery by 5 September 2018.
- Entries close midnight 30 June 2018 [AEST]
If you have any questions about the Beautiful Bizarre Magazine Art Prize, please don’t hesitate to contact us at email@example.com
This is the perfect opportunity for artists to get their work in front of both the Editor-in-Chief of Beautiful Bizarre Magazine and the Directors of Modern Eden Gallery, plus connect with the 70+ artists participating in the Beautiful Bizarre Magazine curated exhibition.
We can’t wait to see all the amazing entries and wish everyone the best of luck!